Before going through file transfer via WiFi, please make a folder readable by other devices under same local network:
- Go to Properties of the folder you want to share.
- In the Sharing tab, click Share button.
- Click on the drop-down list, select Everyone and click Add button.
- Set Permission Level as Read for the group of Everyone and click Share button.
- The Network Path of your shared folder is all set.
Open ES File Explorer on Android device:
- Tap menu icon
- Tap LAN under Network
- Tap radar icon to scan for local shared network. Wait for your computer LAN network to appear.
- Tap on your computer icon and navigate to your network Shared Folder.
- Copy the file you want to move to SD card storage.
- Paste it in /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.estrongs.android.pop/files
- Completed. Now the file is in SD card storage.
Without root permissions, ES File Explorer will pop up a message "Please choose the root directory sdcard1(/storage/sdcard1) of ext-SDCard to grant ES permission to operate" if we are trying to move the file to another directory within SD card storage. The workaround is we have to use native pre-installed File Manager to move files from SD card > Android > data > com.estrongs.android.pop > files to another directory within the SD card without restrictions. Tested on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3: The Mi File Explorer works like a charm.