Before you begin updating your Ninetology Black Pearl 2, we advice you to backup all your personal data (contacts, photos, etc.) because the update will erase all data and resets your phone to default settings.
Things you need:
- Micro USB cable
- Fully charge the battery and turn off the phone.
- Download Android Jelly Bean and update tools. Unzip the archive file (WIKO_MAJ_CINK_SLIM_JB_159753.zip) after download completed.
You are ready to update:
- Open Driver folder
- Open the correspondent folder. (Choose x64 folder if your Windows is 64 bits, choose x86 folder for Windows 32 bits)
- Double click spinstall.exe to install driver for your computer to recognize the hardware of your Black Pearl II.
- Open Flashtool folder and run Flash_tool.exe
- Click File, and select Open Scatter-loading File...
- Select MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt under the folder WIKO CINK SLIM JB. Click Open button.
- Click on Firmware -> Upgrade, and then plug your BP2 using micro USB cable.
- The update process will start automatically.
- A green circle window will pop up after finished.
- For the first start, an update of the touch screen is required. So it take a few minutes longer to boot up. DO NOT touch the screen until the update is finished. After the update, you may close all opened windows and disconnect the phone.
- Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Ninetology Black Pearl 2 to Android version 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.