I think this is very useful if a Nokia phone goes terribly wrong, so I am going to show you how to flash it. But before we move on, please be extreme caution on phone flashing as it could bricked the phone if anything goes wrong. Always consider phone flashing as a last resort.
- This procedure is compatible with all BB5 Nokia phones.
- Always use the appropriate firmware for phone flashing.
What you need:USB data cable, Phoenix Service Software, and Nokia firmware.
Nokia phone USB flashing
- Download the appropriate Nokia firmware.
- Extract the downloaded firmware to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-XXX For 64-bit Windows, C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-XXX
- Do not connect the phone to computer with USB cable first and remove the phone battery.
- Start Phoenix, click File, and then Open Product.
- Select the appropriate Product type code (RM-XXX) for your phone and click OK. You may find out your phone Product type by pressing *#0000#
- Open the Connection drop-down list and then select NO CONNECTION.
- Click Flashing, then Firmware Update.
- Click on "..." button.
- Make sure the box of Detect Product Automatically is unchecked. Select the correct firmware and press OK.
- Check Dead phone USB flashing and click on Refurbish button.
- Read and understand the pop-up windows instructions and click OK.
- Connect the phone to computer with USB data cable and insert the battery. Firmware Update process will start.
- When the Flashing is done, Firmware updating succeeded window will appear.
- Click OK and disconnect the phone.
- Done. Congratulations!