Instead of finding a solution on how to trick WhatsApp by telling our Android-x86 computer is a "phone", there is another (better) way to run Android app on Windows or Macintosh which is using BlueStacks App Player. In case you've never heard of it, BlueStacks app player allows us to run Android apps on Windows/Mac system without any modifications needed. It's currently in Beta but 400,000 Android apps will be available very soon when Microsoft Windows 8 is released in October 2012 and still adding more apps on Mac. Following below is to show you how to run WhatsApp Messenger on PC:
What you'll need:
- BlueStacks App Player
- Mobile phone number (receive text message for phone number verification)
- Install BlueStacks.
- Start BlueStacks.
- Click 'Messaging', then 'WhatsApp' to install.
- After WhatsApp is installed, open it and click 'Agree and Continue'.
- Enter your country and phone number for verification.
- Activate WhatsApp, by Entering the verification code which you received by SMS.
- Verified and you can now chat with your friends via WhatsApp on computer.