Since the Navifirm binary file is no longer available for download, we will use a modded version of original Navifirm called NaviFirm+ modded by Marco Bellino with better additional improvements.
Why NAVIFIRM is useful?Navifirm is useful for just about any users:
End users: Find product codes to use with NSS pro/NSU
Journalists: Be the first to know when new firmware hits NSU
Developers: Download ROM images for extracting files
Care Suite/Phoenix/box users: Download ROM images to flash
NaviFirm+ should be able to provide all Nokia phones that can be updated via NSU, although it only downloads firmware images.
How to download Nokia firmware?
- Download NaviFirm+.
- Run NaviFirmPlus. It might prompt you for requirement of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 components. Just download it from Microsoft website (NaviFirmPlus will direct you) and install.
- On NaviFirm Plus:
- Products column: Some phone models have same Market Name but different Product Type. You can simply find out which Product Type should use by entering *#0000# on your phone. Your phone Product Type should look something like RM-XXX.
- Releases column: Firmware versions
- Variants column: The Product Code (7 digits) is important in order to choose the right region or language pack for your phone. Your phone Product Code can be found on the back right underneath the phone battery. To ensure your phone Product Code is correct, you can check with NSS pro.
- After selected the firmware you want to download, mark all the files in files column.
- Click 'Download' button and it will start downloading the firmware from Nokia's server.
- The firmware will be downloaded in a folder named with it Product Code.