Now there is a program called NSS pro which able to do the same job as the NSS for finding back or reset the security code. If you're interested to know how to reset security code using NSS pro, click here to find out more. Last but not least, the most welcoming feature is it supports newer Nokia devices. I won't rephrase the list of supported Nokia devices, so here it is at the time of writing (link):
Supported Nokia Infineon X-Gold213 Models for log file reading:
- C1-01 (RM-607),C1-01.1(RM-608),C1-02 (RM-607),C1-03 (RM-607)
- C2-00 (RM-704),C2-02 (RM-692),C2-02.1 (RM-693),C2-03 (RM-702)
- C2-05 (RM-724),C2-05 (RM-725),C2-06 (RM-702),C2-07 (RM-692)
Supported Nokia Broadcomm Models for log file reading:
- X2-05 (RM-772),Nokia Asha 200 (RM-761),Nokia Asha 200 (RM-762)
- C3-00 (RM-614),X2-00 (RM-618),X2-01 (RM-709),X2-03 (RM-709)
Supported Nokia RAPUYAMA v11 Models for log file reading:
- X2-01.1 (RM-717),2710c (RM-586),2710b-2 (RM-586),7020 (RM-497)
- 5630 (RM-431),5730 (RM-465),6700 Classic (RM-470),6700 Slide (RM-576)
- 6710 Navigator (RM-491),6720 Classic(RM-424),6730c-1 (RM-547, RM-566)
- 6750 Mural (RM-381),C3-01 (RM-640),C5-00 (RM-645, RM-688),C5-03 (RM-697)
- C6-01 (RM-601),C7-00 (RM-675),E52 (RM-469),E55 (RM-482),E5-00 (RM-632)
- E7-00 (RM-626),E72 (RM-529, RM-530),E73 (RM-658),N8 (RM-596)
Supported Nokia RAPUYAMA v21 Models for log file reading:
- X3-02 (RM-639),X5-01 (RM-627),X7-00 (RM-707)
- Nokia Asha 201 (RM-799),Nokia Asha 201 (RM-800)
- Nokia Asha 300 (RM-781),Nokia Asha 303 (RM-763)
- Nokia 500 (RM-750),Nokia 600 (RM-701)
- Nokia 603 (RM-779),Nokia 700 (RM-670)
Supported Nokia RAPIDO Models for log file reading:
- Nokia 701 (RM-744)
- C6 (RM-612),E63 (RM-437),E66 (RM-343),E71-1 (RM-346)
- 5250 (RM-684),5230-1b (RM-593),5230-1b (RM-594),5230 (RM-588)
- 5530 (RM-504),5730s (RM-465),5800d-1 (RM-356),6120C (RM-243)
- 6760s (RM-573),6790s (RM-492),N97-1 (RM-505),N97-3 (RM-506)
Supported Nokia RAP3v4 Models for log file reading:
- N97-4 (RM-507),N86 (RM-484/485),N97mini (RM-555),X6 (RM-551/559)
- 3710a-1 (RM-509, RM-510), 3710f (RM-509), 3710a-1b (RM-510)
- 3711a (RM-511), 3711a-1 (RM-511), 5330 (RM-479/478), 6303ci (RM-638)
- 6303i (RM-638), 7230 (RM-598/604), C2-01 (RM-721), C2-01 (RM-722)
- X3-00 (RM-540), X5-01 (RM-627)
Here's how to find back the forgotten security code:
- Download NSS Pro.
- Connect Nokia handset to Computer with data cable.
- Select PC Suite/Ovi Suite.
- Open NSS Pro, run as administrator.
- Click Permanent Memory tab.
- Click Read button and wait until NSS Pro is finished reading your Nokia device.
- When it is finished, under Phone Management tab the most bottom line will shows you the location where the PM file is saved. The PM file is named with your Nokia device's IMEI number (*#06#).
- You may now close NSS Pro and unplug your Nokia device.
- Open your IMEI.pm file with Notepad.
- Press Ctrl+F and find , continue scroll down a bit till 5th record (5=).
- It should looks like this, example: 5=32303039300000000000.
- By ignoring the red numbers in this pattern
32 30 30 39 30 0000000000, the security code for this example is 20090.
It was tested successfully with Nokia 6280 and N82. If you have any inquiry regarding this especially finding the 5th record from .pm file, feel free to drop me a comment below. I make no guarantee I am able to find your security code because there are so many types of Nokia devices in the market.