Forgot your Nokia handset security code? Or you don't even have any idea what is your security code of second hand handphone because the previous owner has changed the code. For Nokia BB5 phone, you can regain the security code back by following this guide. Or, you can just reset your Nokia security code to default code, 12345. The guide below will shows you how to reset the security code.
Tools you will need:
- Nemesis Service Suite (NSS)
- Nokia PC Suite
- Data cable
Reset Security Code Steps:
- Install Nokia PC Suite
- Install Nemesis Service Suite (NSS)
- Connect your phone to your PC with data cable. If the phone ask for connection mode, choose default mode or PC Suite mode (But don't open Nokia PC Suite)
- Open Nemesis Service suite (NSS)
- Click scan for new devices button (on top right corner of NSS)
- Click Phone Info button.
- Click Scan button.
- Under Power Mode, click Local and then click Change button. At this part, your phone should restart, and you should see the text Local mode across your phone screen.
- Under Production Data Edit, click Read button. The textboxes should now contain values.
- Check the Enable check box beside Product Code.
- Click Write button.
- Select Tools button on top
- Click Factory Settings tab
- Tick Full Factory button and click Reset button.
- Final step, go back to Phone Info and click Normal then Change. Now your security code is 12345.
Note: If this guide doesn't work accordingly, you have to do some experimentation with the steps order. Check out how @Arvid had successfully reset the security code of his Nokia N82.