I have installed and successfully boot Android x86 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on VirtualBox not long ago but no luck with WiFi network. However with the same Android x86 image file, my WiFi works with Android Live boot which installed in my thumb drive. While looking for solution to get Internet works in Android on VirtualBox, I came across td2sk, a Japanese blog provides a pre-made Ice Cream Sandwich VirtualBox Disk Image with Internet supports on VirtualBox. So, I gave it try and yes, WiFi works perfectly on VirtualBox. If you want to test Android 4.0 ICS for x86 on VirtualBox, this is worth for a try.
Android 4.0 ICS VirtualBox Disk Image(The image is not available anymore, we recommend use Buildroid image for VirtualBox)
- Open VirtualBox.
- Create new virtual machine, choose Linux as Operating System and Other Linux as Version.
- Choose Use existing hard disk, click Choose a virtual hard disk file icon and open ICSimage.vdi.
- The parameters are already set as below. Click Create.
- And you are set to run Android 4.0.1 on VirtualBox. Click Start.
- You arrive GRUB loader screen. Hit Android Startup from /dev/sda
- Enjoy Android 4.0 ICS with Internet capability on VirtualBox.
Here are some Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich screenshots: